Training and Workshops
Knowing how to stay safe online is an essential life skill. We have collaborated with parents, educators and professionals to design quality online safety workshops and training to give you the confidence to keep children safe online. Our TechSafe workshops, training courses and tools will show how to protect you, your family and friends online.
When children and young people go online their main motivations are having fun and socialising. Most children think they are immune to online dangers so it’s really important for parents, carers and professionals to be aware of the ever-changing risks, how to reduce them and prevent abuse. Our workshop leaders are nationally recognised CEOP Ambassadors, NSPCC trained, teachers, therapists, social workers and parents with first-hand experience, advice, resources and solutions.
Our workshop content is tailored to suit your community needs.
For adults who work with children
- Keeping Children Safe Online – your concerns and needs, keeping you updated with key issues incl. mental health, cyberbullying, social media, gaming, apps, setting parental controls and top resources
- Keeping Vulnerable Children Safe Online – a workshop that specifically addresses the needs of SEND and/or Children in Care
- Social Media and Mental Health – understanding the effect of SM on children’s mental health and why children interact with SM, strategies and resources are also explored
- Cyberbullying – what to do to prevent and deal with online bullying, packed with useful resources
- Safer Gaming – topics include time management, stranger contact and addiction
- Understanding, preventing and dealing with Sexting – how to tackle a challenging subject using appropriate quality resources. Integrating sexting into SRE
For families and children
- Growing Up Online – parents and children together, SEND or mainstream
- Keeping Your Family Safe Online – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Keeping Under 7s Safe Online – parents and carers
- Time Management – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Safer Gaming – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Fake News and Tricky Topics – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Social Media and Mental Health – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Cyberbullying – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- Preventing and dealing with sexting issues – parents and carers, SEND or mainstream
- I’m a Digital Citizen – children from 6 to 16
Loved the facts, videos and real life scenarios. Well resourced. Very interactive.
Online Safety for the SEND Community
We provide advice, training and guidance for charities, parents and people who work with children with Special Educational Needs. Our resources tackle online safety issues that parents and people who work with this most vulnerable group are more likely to experience.
Working with Hertfordshire based SEND charities, SPACE and ADD-vance we have developed innovative training and resources funded Herts Community Foundation, David Lloyd Police Commissioner for Hertfordshire, The National Lottery Community Fund and the Comic Relief Community Fund (England).
With this funding we have been able to:
- run focus groups for SEND families to research the online issues they face
- design and deliver bespoke SEND workshops for families and their children
- create TechSafe – SEND, an app for adults who care for children with SEND
- create information videos for parents/carers of children with SEND
- created a state of the art, Information Hub SEND
Hearing the children’s point of view and understanding how they process the info has helped me in my approach and understanding of how to support and protect them and keep them safe.
Online Safety for the Fostering Community
We provide training, advice and guidance for people who work in fostering. Our resources help to tackle the online safety issues that people who work with children in care are more likely to experience.
Working in partnership with the Royal Borough of Greenwich Fostering Team we have led pioneering training and developed inventive resources with support from the National Lottery Community Fund.
- delivered a range of online safety training to Foster Carers and Social Workers
- created an TechSafe – Fostering app with children in care, their foster carers and social workers
- created downloadable online safety information leaflets
- established a team of ‘TechSafe Champions’
- supported the Mockingbird extended family communities across the borough of Greenwich
- worked with staff from the borough’s children’s home
- created a bespoke Information Hub for Foster Carers and Social Workers
Teaching online safety with our TechSafe App Series
In partnership with Frosby Apps and children and young people from schools and community groups, TechSafe have created a series of beautifully illustrated online safety information apps for parents, carers and professionals.
Our suite of TechSafe apps cover a range of online safety topics such as Social Media, Online Bullying, Gaming, Mental Health, Sexting advice for teens and more. The apps are free to download on Apple and Android devices and are packed with resources, advice and practical tips for all ages to help keep everyone safe online.
I had sooo much fun. Learnt so much. THANK YOU!